Our “Be a CEO” course has been designed to train creative businesses and help them to set up an online shop in 30 days. They will learn about new business models suitable for creative businesses based on digital communication and ecommerce. Completing the course will help Creative Entrepreneurs determine the best online marketplaces for them based on their target market and product/services offering. The course is very practically orientates and aims to improve the revenues streams of creative entrepreneurs leading to business growth and sustainability in an ever-changing technology influenced market place.
The course is designed as a series of Open Educational Resources (OERs) which can be used by Entrepreneurs themselves, but also by teachers, lecturers and tutors working with individuals in the Creative Industries.
The materials are designed for various uses. The course can be used as a whole curriculum or parts of it might be integrated to supplement other courses. All materials are provided as open source and each section of this course offers a variety of additional online resources such as exercises, case studies, videos or websites about the topic.
As some learners might want to learn the content (or just parts of it) individually, all modules and additional learning resources are provided online.
Teachers and tutors can also use the course on their own for professional development. Information about how we suggest the materials can be used are provided.
The course can be used in a classroom environment as well as a self-contained distance learning course.
Structure of the Course
From film and fashion to games and software, music and media to architecture and craft – the creative sector is vast and far reaching. Given the diversity of the sector, there is a no one fits all approach when it comes to e-commerce, online sales and reaching your target market.
Therefore, the objectives of the course are thus, it will:
- help learners to develop an online brand
- introduce learners to the best and most powerful online trading platforms for creatives
- enable learners to choose the best ecommerce platform for their business
- equip learners with a set of online selling skills and online marketing techniques that will help them successfully sell online
- explain some of the legal implications of selling online and provide links for more info
- provide inspiring and practical real life case studies from a cross sector of successful